Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

(Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged.)
 
Our Christmas and New Year break was great!  We got to see my family and my wife's family.  I helped my dad harvest cotton several days; it's the best crop EVER!!!  You just get goose bumps walking around out in the field!  It was great to see so many stars in the sky on a clear, moonless night; you can really admire God's handiwork out there in the flatlands.
 
On our way back home yesterday, my wife and I discussed some New Year's resolutions.  As I had resolved last year, I want to read the Scriptures each and every day.  In addition, this year I want to make diligent efforts towards developing a purposeful and strategic prayer regiment.  I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about Scripture Memory, but I need some kind of systematic memory system like I did last year ( i.e., weekly verses).  The other major resolution is much more ambiguous, and I really don't know how to frame a metric for monitoring the success of my goal, but I really want to become more disciplined with my time.  I need to make every second count, and I see at least four primary categories: spiritual, marital, academic, and social.  I need to work towards a more appropriate balance of time and energy investments in each of these categories.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for a limitless number of new beginings in our life through Jesus Christ.  I praise you that it is never too late to start doing what is right!  Lord, use me.  I beg you to do great and mighty things in my life in this upcoming year.  I want to be an overcomer with Jesus, and I pray this in the powerful name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment