Monday, January 21, 2008

Christian heritage

My wife and I went to visit our families this past weekend.  My Granddaddy has not been doing well recently, and since my dad and two aunts were going to be there, we decided to make a visit.  I was glad we did.  Shortly before we left, we went into my Granddaddy's room and had a brief time with him.  Though he couldn't talk, he would still smile with such joy; and the look in my Grandmother's eyes was such a testimony of her faithful love.  My Granddaddy taught Sunday school for 62 years, and my dad has taught many years as well.  I just started full-time teaching last week, and I am humbled to follow in their footsteps.  My wife and I are so blessed to have Christian heritage on both sides of each of our families.
Proverbs 20:7 The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment