Monday, January 14, 2008

integrity

 
As you read through Job's monologues and his "friends's" rebuttles, you might begin to question whether or not he is actually blameless.  But when you read Job 31:1, you realized what a man of integrity he is:
 
1 "I made a covenant with my eyes
      not to look with lust at a young woman.
He is not only speaking about actions, but attitudes.  It is an attitude of the heart.  Many in todays society will argue that as long as you don't perform an act of wrongdoing, then you are OK, but Jesus (as well as Job) explain that moral character begins with the attitudes of the heart.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that I will be a man of integrity to the core.  Lord, I make a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at any woman.  Lord, make me pure in your sight.  I pray that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart will be pleasing in your sight.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment