Tuesday, January 8, 2008

awakening

Over two years ago, the LORD delivered me from a habitual sin and a lifestyle of deception.  I refer to that turning point as my personal Awakening when the LORD got a hold of me and turned my heart toward Him.  Since that point, the LORD has humbled me, broken down Satan's strongholds, set me on the path of righteousness, and given me another chance at a life of integrity.
 
I have a family member who is experiencing a similar struggle with the world and selfish desires.  I have wrestled with whether or not it would be appropriate for me to speak with this person regarding a disobedient lifestyle.  I didn't know if it was just my frustration with this person or if the LORD truly had a Word to speak through me.  Well, yesterday, I pondered this question, "Would my concience be clear, having not spoken to this individual?"  The answer was no.
 
So, I called several of my close Brothers and Sisters and asked them to pray for me as I contacted this person.  I prayed about it and found three Scriptures that specifically addressed the situation.  The first time I called - no answer.  I waited five minutes - no answer.  I prayed that if the LORD wanted me to share those Scriptures that the person would answer.  Third time - ANSWER.   I simply shared what was on my heart and the Scriptures the LORD had brought to mind.
 
Though there was no immediate acknowledgement of truth and repentance from disobedience, I believe that the LORD's Word will not return void.  Also, I believe that I simply obeyed the Holy Spirit's prompting in my heart.  That is a testimony of what the LORD has done in my life to change me from the person I was just a few years ago.
 
I want to live my life in complete obedience to the Father's perfect will, and I want to hear and obey the Holy Spirit's direction in my life.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the Truth of your Word that gives us clear guidance.  Lord, thank you for the regenerating work you are doing in my life to lead me into a lifestyle of Spirit-filled integrity.  I pray that you will deliver my family member from their lifestyle of disobedience.  I pray this in the name of the Victorious Warrior, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment