Thursday, March 15, 2007

gentleness

 
I was impressed today by the emphasis of gentleness and patience in association with righteousness and life.  By contrast, death is associated with hastiness, foolishness, and short-tempers.
 
As I was meditating on gentle words, patience, seeking advice, accepting criticism, demonstrating humility, etc., I was reminded of Matthew 11:28-30, Galatians 5:22-24, and Ephesians 4:1-3.
 
I really appreciate the bold, logical definition of righteousness in Romans 1 and 2.  Righteousness is keeping the terms of the relationship.  God's terms of the relationship originally were simply, "Don't eat the fruit from that tree."  Well, we couldn't keep those relationship terms, and now we certainly can't keep the relationship terms of the Law of Moses.  We know the Law, and the Law stands against us because we aren't completely obedient.  However, there is one person, Jesus Christ, that is completely obedient to the Father, and by Faith in Him, we may be pardoned of our disobedience and restored to a right relationship with the Father.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please teach me to speak gentle words of truth and love.  Lord, please help me be an example of Christ by the way I speak to others.  Please help me control my tongue and only use it for good.  Please help me lift up my wife with my words.  Lord, please teach me to show the Good News of Christ through my words and actions.  Help me bear your Fruit that remains.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment