Saturday, March 31, 2007

hearts

 
I have always been intrigued by the story of Jesus healing a man's hand on the Sabbath in Mark 3:1-6.  It fascinates me that Jesus provoked the conflict.  What really jumped out at me today was His perception of the Pharisees' hard hearts.  Jesus looked around and saw not only the people but the spiritual condition of their hearts.
 
I think this is an example of how we Christians should see the people around us.  Of course, we should be aware of what is going on physically, but we are also called to look deeper and consider how we may encourage each person around us to a better understanding and closer walk with Christ.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please help me be conscious of people around me, and please give me spiritual discernment to know how I can help them know You better.  Please help me take the many opportunities each day to encourage and lead others to a saving understanding of our Lord Jesus Christ.  It's in His name that I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment