Sunday, March 25, 2007

am I prepared?

Proverbs 25, Matthew 25, 1 Corinthians 5, 1 Corinthians 6

In Matthew 25, Jesus tells two parables that really speak to me. First, there are ten bridesmaids, and five of them do not prepare for the bridegroom being late. They attempt to make amends, but it is too late. The first question is, am I prepared to meet the bridegroom at all? ( i.e., Have I placed my faith in Christ Jesus alone?) The second question is, am I staying awake, eagerly awaiting His return?

The second parable is about a rich man that divides 5, 2, and 1 bags among 3 servants. The first two servants double their master's money, but the third buries it. The verse that cuts me to the heart is Matthew 25:29:

To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please help me be ready for your coming. Please help me be focused on doing your will. Please help me honor you with the resources you have placed in my stewardship. I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment