Wednesday, March 28, 2007

disciples

 
Here are a few verses that I really enjoyed from Proverbs 28:
 - 1 The wicked run away when no one is chasing them,
      but the godly are as bold as lions.
 - 4 To reject the law is to praise the wicked;
      to obey the law is to fight them.
 - 13 People who conceal their sins will not prosper,
      but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy. 
 - 14 Blessed are those who fear to do wrong,
      but the stubborn are headed for serious trouble.
 
Prov. 28:13 reminds me of 1 John 1:9 as I said on Feb. 28.
 
My wife and I have recently been challenged to consider making Matthew 28:19-20 a lifestyle.  We think the Lord may be calling us to be full-time missionaries.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please lead me along the path you have planned for me.  Please help me be as bold as a lion as I obey the law.  Lord, I confess that I am a proud, arrogant, sinful man in need of forgiveness.  I repent, and I ask you to be merciful and turn my heart towards you.  Please help me obey your command to make disciples in all nations, baptizing them in Your Name, and teaching them to obey everything you have commanded.  I pray in Jesus' Name.  Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment