Wednesday, March 14, 2007

relax and enjoy the ride

 
The first part of Proverbs 14:30 says, "A relaxed attitude lengthens life..."  Most people who know me might describe me as "wound tight."  My grandmother gave me a bookmark at Christmas that is embroidered, "Relax."  I really do need to relax (it would probably help lower my blood pressure, too.)  Just like so many other theological tensions, here I must be careful to work hard and diligently serve the Lord without becomeing anxious or tense.  I must committ to do my best and trust the Lord.
 
Matthew 14 records Jesus feeding the 5000 men and Jesus walking on the water in the midst of a storm.  Acts 27 records Paul being shipwrecked, and 28 records Paul not dying from a poisonous snake bite.  Here I find the "enjoy the ride" part.  As we walk with Christ, we will undoubtedly experience some crazy situations (my brother is a prime example.)  But it is so thrilling to be a part of something great - to know that the Sovereign Creator God is going to lead us through an exciting journey of life that glorifies His Name.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please help me be still and know that you are God.  Help me have the appropriate balance between relaxing and trusting your Sovereignty while also working diligently on the tasks you have called me to.  Please help me enjoy this wonderful life you have blessed me with.  Please help me honor you as I go through life so that others will see the sweet love and thrilling experience I find in Christ Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment