Sunday, March 11, 2007

religion

Proverbs 11, Matthew 11, Acts 21, Acts 22

In Acts 21, Paul is in the Temple in Jerusalem, and some rascal Jews stir up a riot by accusing him of all sorts of falsities. As the Roman guard his hauling Paul away from the riot, he asks to speak to the crowd. They listen to him as he recounts his personal encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus, but as soon as he says God told him to go share the Good News to the Gentiles, the crowed erupted with shouting, "Kill him! He isn't fit to live!"

Now, this baffles me. It seems like the Jews were more offended by the notion that Salvation was for Gentiles than they were that Jesus is the only way of Salvation. It seems like they were so religious that they missed the point.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me become focused on religion. Please help me only have the religion that you want me to. Help me keep my eyes focused on Jesus so that everything else is in its proper perspective. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment