Thursday, March 8, 2007

spiritual warfare

Proverbs 8, Matthew 8, Acts 15, Acts 16

Matthew 8 records an instance where Jesus cast out demons from two strong men in a cemetery. Acts 16 records and instance where Paul cast out a demon from a fortune-telling girl. Was this power over demonic forces exclusive to Jesus and His disciples? Or are we just chickens to stand firm in Christ's authority (Eph. 6)?

Consequently, Paul and Silas are imprisoned for casting out the demon from the girl. As they were locked up in the stocks in prison, they were "praying and singing hymns to God." What a beautiful testimony of being content in Christ. They weren't focused on the circumstances; they were focused on the Person of God. Circumstances change frequently, but the Person of God never changes. That is why it is wonderful to place your faith, hope, and trust in Him, because He will never disappoint, never forsake, never change.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise You for being the definition of perfect consistency - You never change because You are the same yesterday, today, and forever. I pray that you will teach me to find my identity in you, not in my circumstances. Teach me to meditate on your unchanging attributes so that I will be content in knowing You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment